Fire safety training can save lives. It’s as simple as that. Fires destroy property, cause injuries, and take lives. A fire in the workplace can mean the termination of jobs since many offices and factories destroyed by fire are never rebuilt. Fire safety training is about making sure everyone knows what to do in case of a fire. It teaches how to maintain a safe workplace and what to do if a fire occurs.
If a fire occurs, the most important thing is to get everyone out of the building as quickly, efficiently and safely as possible. It is important for employees to know what to do in the event of a fire. Fire safety training makes sure everyone knows what to do in an emergency without panicking.
Fire training should teach employees:
- The company’s emergency plan which covers what needs to happen in the event of a fire
- The employee’s responsibility in the emergency plan
- How to activate the fire alarm so the building occupants can escape
- When to leave the area immediately, closing all doors behind them
- Where designated assembly areas are located outside the building
- What to do if they encounter heat or smoke upon exiting
- Never use the elevator, always use the stairs to evacuate
- Identifying when it is safe to tackle flames instead of evacuating
- How to use a fire extinguisher correctly to put out a fire
Fire safety training should be done on a regular basis to ensure that employees don’t forget the information. When anything changes that affects your building’s fire safety risks employees should be informed. It is greatly beneficial to provide professional safety training for your employees ensuring that they have the knowledge to respond safely and effectively in the event of a fire. Call Fire Control Systems to help you with your training needs.